adaptations of Hawthorne's works
See the film page for tapes to go along with filmstrips;
THE AUDIOBOOK SOURCE : The Scarlet Letter : 1-800-HEAR-IT-9
- Jimcin audiobooks for sale
- The Scarlet Letter, Donada Peters, 1991
- CALL No. PS1868.A2 E46 1986 Audio Book Fiction Haw
AUTHOR Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864.
- TITLE The Scarlet letter [sound recording] by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- EDITION Special library ed.
- IMPRINT Newport Beach, CA : Books on Tape, p1991.
- PHYS DESCR 8 cassettes (8 hrs.) : analog, 1 7/8 ips ; 3 7/8 x 2 1/2 in., 1/8
- ISSUE# 2736 Books on Tape.
- NOTE "Read by Donada Peters"--Box.
- SUBJECT Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864. Scarlet letter.
Massachusetts --History --Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 --
- The House of the Seven Gables, Buck Schirner, 1994
- AUTHOR Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864.
- TITLE The house of the seven gables [sound recording] / by Nathaniel
- IMPRINT Grand Haven, MI : Brilliance, p1994.
- PHYS DESCR 8 sound cassettes (11 hr.) : analog.
- NOTE Read by Buck Schirner.
- SUBJECT Audiobooks.
- ADD'L NAME Schirner, Buck.
- ISBN 1561002151 :
Time Warner Audiobooks study guide for The Scarlet Letter
Abstract: Audio study guide for classics available soon Dean McCaughan Cliff's Notes have saved
many students before tests, but they were always boring. Now, Time Warner Audiobooks offers a
more interesting option. Time Warner has developed a new line of audio books. A+ Audio are
classics on tape. In just over an hour, you can hear Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, get
an introduction to Hawthorne's life and life in colonial America....
The Time, Life, & Works of Nathaniel Hawthorne
Zane Home Library (product) -
Journey to nineteenth-century New England, and discover the
world of Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804 - 1864), the reclusive author of
such American classics as The House of the Seven Gables and The
Scarlet Letter. Explore the puritanical beliefs found in Hawthorne's
works. Includes a 15-minute multimedia presentation; 300 photos;
and Barron's Book Notes, guides to the plots of The Scarlet Letter
and The House of the Seven Gables.
- Independent college literature study program from WHA Radio, 1987
- Title: Introduction to modern English and American literature
I. 19th century [sound recording].
- Name: Auerbach, Emily,
- Name: University of Wisconsin - Extension.
WHA (Radio station : Madison, Wis.)
University of Wisconsin--Extension. Independent Study
- Subject(s): English literature 19th century History and criticism.
American literature 19th century History and criticism.
- Imprint: Madison, Wis. : WHA Radio, p1987.
- Pages: 8 sound cassettes (8 hr.) : analog, stereo., Dolby
- Note: Produced by the University of Wisconsin--Extension
through its WHA Radio and its Independent Study
Course developer and coordinator, Emily Auerbach ;
project director, Linda Clauder ; writers, Emily
Auerbach ... [et al.].
Funding provided by the Annenberg/CPB Project.
"The Annenberg/CPB Project audio-print course
Designed to be used with the course study guide/poetry
anthology, faculty guide, and the individual literary
texts examined on the audiocassettes.
In container (30 cm.).
- Content Note: Program 1. William Blake and the literary revolution --
Program 2. William Wordsworth and the discovery of
nature -- Program 3. John Keats and the romantic agony
-- Program 4. Nathaniel Hawthorne and the myth of
America -- Program 5. Frederick Douglass and the voice
of 19th century Black America -- Program 6. Walt
Whitman and the democratic epic -- Program 7. Emily
Dickinson and a room of her own -- Program 8. Mark
Twain and the comic persona -- Program 9. Kate Chopin
and the 19th century woman -- Program 10. Robert
Browning and the dramatic monologue -- Program 11.
Dickens and the popular classic -- Program 12. Joseph
Conrad and the allegorical journey.
An independent study course that introduces students to 19th century English and
American literature. Develops the student's understanding, appreciation, and skill in
reading and responding to this literature by exploring cultural movements, analyzing
individual literary works, and examining the lives and writing careers of the authors.
- Item Id:
Title : Introduction to modern English and American literature I.
- Imprint : WHA Radio, p1987.
- Library of Congress Call # RZA 1778
- Library of Congress Call # PR451
| Dates |
| Notes |