Hawthorne in Salem Search Hawthorne in Salem
  Previous page
Early picture of the Baptist Church on Raymond Hill, one of the first two churches in Raymondtown

The addition to the building in the rear was, according to Knight, "supposed to have been the building of the first church, which is very likely so, as it is of older origin and would not have been an added structure in this location and form" (173). Knight also notes that "the land for the Hill church was deeded by Richard Manning, agent for the Proprietors, on 23 March, 1803," and he points out that "the cemetery contains the graves of early settlers of Raymond"(173).
(courtesy of Raymond Woman's Club,Cardinal Publishing.)
citation: http://www.hawthorneinsalem.org/images/image.php?name=MMD969