Hawthorne in Salem Search Hawthorne in Salem
  Previous page
St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Salem

Constructed in 1833, St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Salem rests on the same site the original Episcopal Church occupied for which Philip English donated land in 1734. It would have been one of the many places of worship familiar to Hawthorne during his years in Salem.
citation: http://www.hawthorneinsalem.org/images/image.php?name=MMD48