Hawthorne in Salem Search Hawthorne in Salem
  Previous page
The John Tucker Daland house, the east portion of the former Essex Institute

The John Tucker Daland house was built in 1851/2 for a wealthy Salem merchant. Daland and his family lived in the house until 1885 when the Essex Institute purchased the house. When Plummer Hall (erected in 1856-7)was also purchased by the Essex Institute in 1906, the Daland house was attached to it by a Renaissance Revival section.
(photography by Bruce Hibbard)
citation: http://www.hawthorneinsalem.org/images/image.php?name=MMD2244