Hawthorne in Salem Search Hawthorne in Salem
  Previous page
The Peabody House,aka the Grimshawe house, 53 Charter St., next to The Burying Point in Salem.

Dr. Nathaniel Peabody and his wife, Elizabeth Palmer Peabody, moved here with their daughters in 1835. It was here in 1837 that Hawthorne met Sophia Peabody, who would become his wife. In 1840 the Peabodys moved to Boston.
(photography by Bruce Hibbard)
citation: http://www.hawthorneinsalem.org/images/image.php?name=MMD21