|Building erected in the 1830s on Raymond Hill to house the Baptist Church|
The land for this church was deeded by Richard Manning in his position as agent from the Proprietors on 23 March, 1803, but the building shown here was not erected until the 1830s. According to Knight, "the sanctuary of this church has an interesting curved ceiling and the cemetery contains the graves of early settlers of Raymond" (173).
|(courtesy of Raymond Woman's Club,Cardinal Publishing.)||close window|