The rebuilt version of "The Little Red House" at Tanglewood in Lenox Massachusetts

Hawthorne began his self-imposed exile from Salem in the spring of 1850 when he and his family moved to the original "Little Red House" in Lenox, MA, which burned down in 1890. He and his family lived there until Nov. 21, 1851.
(photography by Rich Murphy) close window
citation: http://www.hawthorneinsalem.org/images/fullpageimage.php?name=MMD622