|The Salem Village Meeting House, 1673-1701. Courtesy, Danvers Archival Center.|
This 1874 engraving shows the Salem Village Meeting House as it looked in 1692. It was here that many of the witch examinations took place. The structure was torn down in 1701 and a new meeting house was built near by. A replica of this building stands today on the grounds of the Rebecca Nurse Farm in Danvers, Massachusetts.
|(courtesy of Danvers Archival Center)||close window|