|South Church, (originally at Chestnut and Cambridge Sts.; destroyed by fire in 1903)|
Designed by Samuel McIntire (1757-1811), South Church was established in 1775, and this building was built in 1803-4. It was destroyed by fire in 1903. In 1924, it merged with Tabernacle Church. This photograph was taken c. 1890 and is in the collection of the Peabody Essex Museum.
|(courtesy of the Peabody Essex Museum; special thanks to Bryant F. Tolles, Jr.)||close window|